Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Half the Sky....Info Overload!

Google is a great place for information.  And sometimes it's too much to process.  So I thought I'd jot down what I found so far...

Half the Sky, the book, also has its whole own movement website.  Found here.  Lots of info for anyone to check out.

I've already gone ahead and asked to set up an event in my home, since there are NONE w/in 100 miles of my location.  I just want to do an in-home screening of the movie on May 4 @ 6pm.  Wine & a documentary anyone?  I'm waiting to see if the event gets approved and added to their formal list.  Otherwise I'll just do it on my own.

If you're interested in hanging out one night and watching a truly inspiring film, please let me know.  I'll be happy to have you visit:o)


PBS also has a whole lesson plan/educator guide connected with the book/film.  That info is found here. There are 5 different lessons based on different topics presented in the book/film.  Each lesson has a short video clip from the film, lesson ideas, worksheets/handouts, etc.  I think some of these resources could be just as useful to help dicussion in a film screening among adults as it can be used to get students to critically think in the classroom.  (***NOTE - Teachers who might be reading this - the lessons are already standardized for COMMON CORE!  How awesome is that?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment